Are you getting ready to sell your home in the Boulder Area? I am thrilled to share my moving checklist with you to help this process go smoothly for you and your family. Moving can be stressful, especially if you have children to pack for or are downsizing. The solution to the chaos is having a checklist to keep you organized. Of course, having the right real estate agent guide you through the selling process is just as important. From guidance on starting your packing process, to knowing when to call the movers, you can find everything you need in my checklist. This is why I have added a new Moving Checklist to my Seller’s Guide.
What Can I Expect From Boulder Area Seller’s Guide & Moving Checklist
This Seller’s Guide is full of useful information that will take you from the beginning of preparing to put your home on the market, all the way through closing. The Moving Checklist is a detailed list with a timeline so you can get ready to actually move out of your home. The most important thing to have a Realtor who is informed and educated in this process though. Feel free to reach out to me at any time to discuss selling your home and moving to a new place.
Here’s a sneak peek at what the Moving Checklist looks like:
3 Months Before:
- Now is also a good time to research moving companies and get quotes.
- If you have artwork, you might want to consider having pieces professionally packed and stored during the listing period.
- Request time off at work if necessary
- Declutter and get rid of things that you won’t want to move with you. It can be helpful to hire an organizer to help you through this process. Hold a garage sale, sell items on Facebook Marketplace, or donate them.
- Interview stagers if you will be staging your home.
10 Weeks Before:
- If you have children, notify their school. They may not have to change school districts but it’s better to know ahead of time.
- I recommend having a pre-inspection done by this time. You want there to be enough time for repairs if any major issues are found.
2 Months Before:
- Make a list of everyone who will be needing your new address after the move.
- Buy packing supplies which includes boxes, tape, bubble wrap, and markers.
- Start packing. I advise my clients to do this in two parts. First, pack non-essential items so that you can create a non-cluttered home for viewing. Then, once you are under contract and past the inspection resolution deadline, complete the packing process.
Check out the full Seller’s Guide & Moving Checklist here:
How Can I Help?
I hope this Seller’s Guide- Moving Checklist gives you a greater understanding of the selling and moving process. Knowing what steps to take next and what you can expect to happen can be very reassuring. But even with this overview, real estate transactions can be complicated and confusing. As a trusted, local real estate expert, I will walk you step by step through the process in a streamlined and hopefully stress-free way.
If you’re interested in talking to me about selling your home in the Boulder Area Market or the surrounding areas that I specialize in, I would be happy to help make sure the process is as smooth as possible. If you would like to start a conversation, please reach out using my contact info below.
To selling your home!
Luxury Home Specialist & New Home Specialist
Coldwell Banker Realty
(303) 916 5859